CUSTOM PRODUCTION OF POLYCLONAL ANTIBODIES
Icosagen provides full service for production
of polyclonal antibodies in rabbit or
The service includes immunization of
laboratory animals with immunogen provided by a customer or produced by
antibody affinity purification and characterization.
The service provides strong value if:
a) There is no existing antibody to protein of interest
b) Existing antibodies do not cover your needs
c) Your project has a tight timeline and detection of an antibody is needed within a short time
We are developing custom antibodies against KLH (or other
carrier) conjugated peptides, recombinant proteins and other available immunogens.
We recommend to use recombinant proteins for immunization due
to higher immune response and increased number of epitope availability compared with peptide immunization.
General worklow below describes the production of polyclonal antibodies, atlhough each protocol will be adapted depending on the host and accordingly customer requirements.
Immune response in rabbits occurs in 45 to 90 days. Then the serum will be collected and the antibody will be affinity purified. In chicken the immunization takes 30 days. Then the eggs will be collected for antibody extraction and affinity purification.
0.5 to 3 mg of protein is required for immunization of one laboratory animal. Additionally, approximately 5 mg of protein for affinity purification.
- Production of immunogen
- Peptide conjugation with various carriers
- Immunization of test animal
- Testing of antiserum
- Antibody affinity purification
- Antibody characterization in antigene recognition (Western-Blot testing)
- Development of high-affinity rabbit or chicken polyclonal antibodies against full-length immunogens
- Full service ragne beginning with immunogen production (http://icosagen.com/protein-production) and delivering ready-made and characterized polyclonal antibody