CUSTOM PRODUCTION OF monoclonal ANTIBODIES
Icosagen provides full service for
production of monoclonal antibodies in mouse
The service includes the immunization of laboratory mice with immunogen provided by a customer or produced by Icosagen (http://icosagen.com/protein-production)). Immunization is followed by hybridoma culture generation and screening, antibody purification and characterization.
The service has strong value when:
- Conformational antibodies are needed for research
- Antibodies are needed for development of immunological kits (e.g. ELISA kits)
- Antibodies must recognize certain protein regions or epitopes
We develop custom antibodies against KLH (or other
carrier) conjugated peptides, recombinant proteins and other available immunogens.
We recommend using recombinant proteins for protein immunization due to
stronger immune response and increased epitope availability when compared with
General worklow below describes the production of polyclonal antibodies, although each protocol will be adapted to best meet customer requirements.
|Time scale:||3-4 months for immunizations; |
2-3 months for hybridoma generation, cultivation, antibody purification and characterization
|Deliverables:|| ||Purified antibody, cell bank of five (5) chatr|
Affinity maturation, ie repeated exposure to the same immunogen is used to significantly increase antibody affinity to the antigen.
Immunization in mouse takes approximately 90 to 120 days. Thereafter hybridoma culture will be generated wherein ouse spleen cells will be fused with a mouse myeloma SP2-0 culture cells (1-2 weeks). Within 10-14 days surviving hybridoma cultures will be screened by ELISA assay for antigen recognition. Up to 5 clones will be expanded, cryopreserved and delivered to the customer.
- Subcloning of hybridoma cultures
- Antibody production in different quantities
- Additional functionality testing depending on a particular need of customer. Antibody could be tested with various assays: Western blot, immunofluorescence, receptor blocking etc.